In recent days members have expressed concerns about a strong chlorine smell and taste in the water.
Glan Agua, the company that treats the water under contract, says that due to the heavy rain that fell last week surface water and sediment got washed down into the ground water in the surrounding area and hence into the bore hole. This raised the turbidity level of the water and increased the chlorine demand. It is this higher level of chlorine used that has left the taste.
A water sample taken from members’ kitchen taps and a raw water sample taken from the treatment plant are being tested in the HSE laboratory on Tuesday 11th August.
All results will be posted on the website.
There is no boil notice in place.
The turbidity level at the well has improved but there is still a chlorine residue in the system. We will flush out the pipes in the coming days to relieve the problem.